Saturday, April 12, 2014

Abort, Retry, Ignore?

So, THIS is gonna sound like fiction:

 
My fortune cookie's message from last night's dinner.
 
Hmmm.
 
So of course the writer in me is thinking:  should this become a True Tale of Everyday Crazy to add to my collection?
 
Or is this a brand new novel idea, ripe with potential?
 
I'll be pondering it on my run.  The run I'm actually going to take.  I'm feeling the need to assure everyone that I am still a runner, mainly because Rashieme commented this morning that he doesn't think I actually plan on running-- rather, he supposes I'll just put on my running clothes, go lie down in the corn field across the street for a few hours, and then pick all the crap off my clothing and return home, acting as if I've just completed an intense workout.
 
Clearly, this is preposterous, as not only do I use an app to track my runs (which no one except fellow runners really care about, so forgive me, non-runner friends, for all the Facebook updates, which were much more frequent during my marathon days, but probably just as annoying now)... but also, I hate bugs way too much to go lie down in a corn field for the sake of pretending to have run.
 

So I'll be actually running.  And thinking about that fortune cookie.

Feel free to share your thoughts with me, too!

1 comment:

  1. I've never seen a fortune like that! I think if I got that one I would retry. I am curious about what you came up with when you were pondering during your run. Have a terrific day.

    ReplyDelete